GREEN FOR LIFE ENVIRONMENTAL USA
White Lake Township's current contract and Special Assessment for garbage, composting and recycling is with GFL.
Rubbish Rates by Year
|2015 RATE $160.37/Year
2016 RATE $165.21/Year
2017 RATE $170.17/Year
2018 RATE $175.27/Year
2019 RATE $180.48/Year
Garbage - Green For Life Environmental USA (GFL)
Customer Contact Number: 1-844-464-3587
Bulk waste - Most items generated by a household can be set out for curbside collection on your waste pick up day (no need to call) including furniture, appliances, mattresses, box springs, and carpet. Please keep bulk items separate from trash and recyclables.
- Carpet - Must be cut and bundled into 4 feet sections.
- Construction Debris - Allowed 3-32 gallon containers of construction debris or equivalent.
- Paint (Latex Only) - Mix with kitty litter to dry. DO NOT cover empty paint cans.
- Exempt Items - Tires, rims, cement, and stones are not covered under our current contract.
Composting - April 1st thru December 1st - Composting is done by a separate truck on the same day. Yard waste is defined as leaves, lawn cuttings, shrub/tree trimmings and the like. Place into biodegradable bags or containers of 35 gallons or less. We enforce a weight limit of 50 pounds.
- Brush and limbs - If greater than 2 inches in diameter must be in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length and not exceed a total of 18 inches in diameter.
- Not considered yard waste - Dirt, sod, large stumps, sand, gravel, concrete, rocks, animal feces and dead animals.
Christmas Trees - Will be picked up the 1st and 2nd weeks in January on your regularly scheduled day. Trees over 6 feet must be cut in half.
Holidays - GFL is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If your pickup day falls on or after a holiday during the business week, services will be pushed back one day.
Recycling - GFL accepts many items for recycling, for a complete list click here. If you have more items than will fit in your bin you may purchase a can and label it "Recycling". To search for alternate recycling options try Earth911.com and visit our local recycling page.
Now available. Free curbside clothing and home goods recycling program. CLICK HERE for all the information.